SIMS Claims™ is designed to support multiple lines of business such as Workers' Compensation, Automobile, Liability, and Property.
SIMS Claims™ is a multi-line system that supports most commercial and personal lines including Auto, Liability, Property, and Workers' Compensation. Additional lines can also be deployed leveraging the SIMS Claims™ application architecture.
Lines of Business
The Workers' Compensation Module is capable of handling the nuances of each state. In addition to the SIMS Claims™ Core functionality, the Workers' Compensation Module manages:
- Wages/Disability Rates
- Managed Care
- Special Handling at the Insured level
- Three Point Contact
- Lost Time
- OSHA Reporting
SIMS Claims™ also supports several Workers' Comp specific interfaces, such as EDI Reporting through Ebix, ISO and Mitchell for all jurisdictions, Medical Bill Review Interface, Pharmacy Interface, etc.
In addition, SIMS Claims™ supports the following features specific to managing claims in California:
- Direct EDI FROI/SROI Reporting for California
- CA Forms/Letters
- Support of CA Waiting Period
- CA SIP Report
- 4850 Benefit Management
The Auto line can handle single losses with multiple claimants for both Commercial and Personal Lines, and is capable of handling each coverage independently. In addition to the core modules, the Auto line:Read More
- Caps Payments and Reserves based on Coverage and Policy Aggregate limits
- Provides Coverage/Feature level adjusters
- Allows Coverages/Features to be Open/Closed independent of each other
- Tracks multiple policy vehicles and drivers
- Provides a Salvage and Repair estimate calculator
- Integrates with Mitchell WorkCenter for interaction with outside adjusters and collision repair shops
- Supports eSignature for fast turn-time on titles of totaled vehicles
Liability Type Lines
The Liability Module was designed to manage a wide variety of Liability Type Coverages. Similar to Auto, Liability can be managed at the Loss, Claimant, or Coverage Level, supports Coverage/Feature level adjusters, etc. The Liability Module can be implemented more than once for Products that require their own reference tables including payments and reserve codes as well as other reference values.
Property Type Lines
The Property Module supports both Personal and Commercial Property claims. The policy connector will import properties and their associated coverage/limits/deductibles to avoid duplicative data-entry. The Property Module can also be integrated with property estimation packages to help streamline both internal and external workflows.